View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #13
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Crankcase Breather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC71Cheyenne View Post
All stock. Have pics but of course can't find the one I want at the moment showing that setup. On a '71 C10 Custom. 350, Rochester 4bbl. Oil fill tube on the drivers side with the bracket that bolts onto the intake side of the valve cover. Passenger side flame arrestor and tube into the spacer under the air cleaner.
Truck is a bone stock farm truck that hasn't been messed with. Sitting in a shed for 10 years...
The usual story, don't want to sell it, the grandkids are going to restore it. That was three years ago and it is still sitting there, untouched.
Just to derail this thread one step further, I'll add my own experience from my grandparents 1957 Thunderbird basketcase. When the time comes, that truck will likely be sold fast and cheap. The grandkids won't even be consulted. Because if they were, they either wouldn't want to pay what the other family members think it's worth, there would be conflict when two people wanted it, or they would say they want it but don't actually have the ability (space, tools, etc.) to work on it.

Moral of the story for the grandpas and grandmas, make a plan, write it down, talk with your family before it's too late, and think about not waiting. My grandmother made an effort to find out what her kids valued, and then was able to share a memory and gift the item. This made it more than just "valuable stuff".

Last edited by SkidmoreGarage; 02-28-2021 at 09:47 PM.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote