View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #3
Dleslie212

Re: Finished Pro Flo 4 install

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSoaked View Post
NICE! Congratulations.

I have been running the PF4 in my 85 K20 for about a year now. I lOVE it. I'm in Yuma so I get what you're saying.

Out of curiosity, what fuel system are you using? For now I'm using the remote sump but it has heatsoak issues in the summertime. I'll be switching to baffled tanks and in-tank pumps in the near future.
I’m in Phoenix now, but grew up and spent the first 30 years of my life in Yuma! I know it well. I miss hitting **** creek. I’m actually thinking of driving down for the dunes over thanksgiving.

My truck has the dual tanks, and last year I replaced both senders and the fuel selector valve with one of the new style, six wire types. The truck had a return line originally, and the new senders I got were the three port style so I could put the return line back into use. I ended up getting a 60 psi electric pump and mounting it inside the top passenger side frame rail, then using AN -6 pre-made fuel lines, one from the pump to a 60 PSI regulator, then back from regulator to the return line. I don’t think the pics I posted had any of the fuel lines in them, I’ll try to post a few more later today

I had considered using the sump system as well, but the heat soak issues I had read about scared me off it. How has that been working for you?

Edit - have you looked into the in-tank pumps at all? I did very very briefly, but I’m curious what you’re planning because I may want to do that as well

Last edited by Dleslie212; 03-03-2021 at 04:02 PM.
Dleslie212 is offline   Reply With Quote