View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #6
hemi43

Re: Charcoal canister system butchered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72bigred View Post
Fix the system properly.. very easy to type that sentence compared to dealing with as I stated a butchered system, the pipe that apparently all the hoses use to connect to in the bed is missing also.. if you have a source for all the proper parts to install the system once again please post a link. I personally have not been able to find them, not many donor blazers out there to rob the parts from either. Right now I believe I have 3 hard lines in the rear that have been cut with a hacksaw, and one partial hard line running in my right frame rail.. outside of that I am missing everything else. Would appreciate the link to the parts to fix the system.
It is easy!
You don't expect to be able to go to the wreckers and vent lines do you?
There's plenty of schematics out there showing you the proper routing of all the lines, and with a quick trip down to NAPA you'll be able to purchase all you need. It's just standard 5/16" and 3/8" steel tubing. It's no different than brake lines. Would you go to the wreckers to buy those? I think not.
If it was me, I would replace all the lines with new plastic ones. Easier to work with, cleaner and won't rust.

Last edited by hemi43; 03-10-2021 at 11:14 AM.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote