View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #6
LT7A

Re: 1991 Suburban 2500 2wd 350/4L80

Interesting background story. Great idea to grab a car, clean it up, and sell it when you're done. I tried to do that when I was working out of town, once. 20 years later, and I still have that car. And I've spent multiple times my initial investment, ha. If you want to talk any more specifics about the paint or products, just let me know. I'm no expert, but I'm really happy with the results of paint on a couple of trucks that many others would have considered a repaint to be necessary. Fortunately, trucks look good even with some bumps and bruises. It does appear that your truck may have been repainted with a base coat / clear coat. If that's the case, to get it shiny again, you will need to go over the top of it with a clear coat. I think that green will look fine with a satin finish. To get that, in the regimen I lined out, I would skip the polish step and go from compounding to get rid of dead paint, to a cleaner-wax finish step. If the patches of remaining clear coat stand out as too shiny, you can take 1000 grit sandpaper and knock the shine down before waxing. I'm a huge fan of trying to preserve things and I do a lot of research in that direction. So I'll quit now before I exceed your interest by 10x, haha.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote