Thread: Paint Code Help
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:02 PM   #21
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Paint Code Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pratt View Post
Here's some other things I've never seen before... a Speed Warning Indicator... and it still works!

That little dial by the wipers moves the indicator on the speedo. If you go faster than that is set it lets you know.

Then to the right of the fuel gauge is a manual choke. The black knob next to the ignition increases the idle. Never seen that before in my life.
Nice '67. The choke knob in that position is normal. The ''Black Knob that Increases Idle''?. Hmm. A Factory Manual Throttle would be another knob below the Choke. Under the plastic dash panel there's a hole for mounting one in every metal dash. A PO must've wanted a manual throttle and added it aftermarket, without wanting to disturb the dash set-up. Some uses were for warming the engine up faster. Having a higher RPM for using PTO accessories, or in farming -- setting the throttle at a slow crawl while going forward in a field, and climbing out and into the bed to toss hay bales -- or whatever-- out to livestock. Have to look out that you don't drive into a ditch or fence. You could also use it on a long drive to relieve accelerator foot cramps. Sometimes mockingly referred to as a ''Mexican'' [or Polish] AutoPilot. You have to remember to slam it off when coming to a stop or even if your foot's off the pedal, the throttle's still engaged. Unlike Cruise Control, it's not disengaged when you use the brake pedal.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote