View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 07:54 PM   #666
oem4me

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's Dad 64 C10 View Post
I just noticed this thread... I posted the pic on the ugly snout thread. It's my father in law's truck. I'm out of town for work through Sunday (2 week trip, ugh), but I'll snap some more pics next week and post. That truck - 1961 Apache - was my father in law's dads (wife's GF). He bought it new, and kept it. After my wife's GF passed a few years ago, my father in law got it. The paint is original, as is the interior, except for a repro rubber floor mat. The only think that I'm aware of that's not factory original to the truck is a trailer hitch and a hand clutch. My father in law lost his left leg above the knee in a tractor accident in the early 80's. He's had a prosthetic leg since. When he inherited the truck, he had a local guy fab a hand clutch so that he could drive the truck. It's basically a handle that connects to the clutch pedal so that you can pull down and depress the clutch. It used a couple of existing underdash holes, and bolts above the pedal pad, so it is removable and does not interfere with normal operation for us two-footed people. I'll snap a pic of that too, because it's kind of cool!
Great history! We would love to see it all. The fact the truck is so well preserved makes it worthy of sharing here. The personal aspect makes it that much more interesting! Let's see it, please!
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote