View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
68 C10 Driver

68 C10 Muncie M20 Project

Ok, I know there are threads on here regarding Muncie 4 Speeds in Pre-72 C10s, but those all tend to go off tangent into folks suggesting going with a T10 or a S10 5 Speed.

Here is what I need help with. I already have the M20. I have the reverse switch set up and I have an aluminum bellhousing to go with the M20. What I need to know is who has done this and can you share any photos showing what you have done (i.e. issues with driveshafts, yokes, speedometer cables, etc.)

I plan on converting to a hydraulic clutch that will utilize a slave piston. I have seen the hydraulic throw-out bearings, but I think for now I will use the slave piston and standard throw-out bearing fork. I hate having to deal with stretched out cables and I think the hydraulic clutch will make it easier for my wife to drive the truck if need be.

I also plan on using a rear transmission support. I know some on the forum have stated that just letting it hang off the bellhousing is ok, but by going to the aluminum car bellhousing that isn't supported like the old one was, the rear tranny support just makes sense and will help stabilize things better.

Pictures will be a huge help if you have them. Especially showing a measurement from the firewall/floor seam to the opening for the shifter.

Speaking of shifter, I will be using a Hurst Competition Plus shifter with the shifter control made for a bench seat. Please see the attached photo.
Attached Images

68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote