Thread: 55.2-59 Lifting a cab
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #13
57FleetsideC4

Re: Lifting a cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
if you lift from the cab step area, behind the rocker lip, and support it with a length of 2x4 or something like that from front to rear it should be fine. that is assuming the steps, hinge pillars, step support bracket etc are all in good condition. watch for the step reinforcement bar that runs fore to aft on the under side of the step as lifting on that can deform the bar. lifting under the rocker can deform the rocker if not using some sort of weight distribution method like a long 2x4 to span the length.
Thanks for your input. I have replaced the lower hinge area, floor sections, lower rear fender brkt, front lower filler behind the hinge area, cab step and inner and outer cab corners so should be solid enough. But unfortunately remembered why I wasn't using the 2 post in the first place. My 2 post is in my back shop which is used for storage and maintenance and also has a 10' door. Where I do my restoration work is another shop that only has a 7' door. I am going to be to high I think to mount it on the rotisserie and get it through the front shop 7' door. So got to figure something out. Steve