View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
Custom 68

Re: Upgrading factory A/C question

I am afraid if it was just the "shell" it might not look right. With the top coming out to the POA valve then to he hose I am afraid if you didn't do it all it would just look fake?
No there are other options as well. Over the winter I swapped out my original evaporator to one out of a 1987 Chevy pickup (R10). This gave me the option to use the orifice and the accumulator and get rid of my dryer. I had previously upgraded my condenser so I left it in place. The weather has not gotten warm enough to do a final pressure check and know how well it is going to work. I look somewhat "stockish" on the AC and hope to have much colder air. My AC didn't work very well. I will know in a month when it does warm up. I am hoping for a great improvement. This was a pretty inexpensive option.
I didn't want to spend the cash on the vintage air upgrade if I can do it with this.
I know this isn't quite what you asked but it is the direction I went and hope it helps with options.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote