View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #683
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

OK, so yesterday, I took the fitech off and uninstalled all the wiring harnesses, O2 sensor, etc. It was a sad thing to see it come off. I had high hopes and it just didn't perform like I wanted and the customer support was atrocious.

The Fitech left me on the side of the road AGAIN Monday...I had to reload factory defaults for it to start again and get it home. I decided that was the last straw for the Fitech. It had cut off/died on me multiple times and left me on the side of the road a few times over the last 5 months.

I installed the Sniper ran all the harnesses (not pretty yet) and went through the wizard on the handheld. I keyed off and then keyed back on to start it. I noticed a gas smell...and went and looked under the hood and there was gas a gas puddle on top of the manifold on the passenger side. I thought maybe I didn't tighten the return line enough..so I tightened again and triple checked my connections. Everything was tight...so I asked my daughter to key on so I could see where it was leaking...and the below video is what is happening.

I emailed the tech support guy I have been talking to...it was now about 6PM. He called me this morning and said looks like an injector O-ring was pinched when they put it together. They are sending me a label to return it to repair and then overnighting it back to me when it is finished. So for now their tech support is much better than Fitech, which is why I decided to try EFI again rather than go to a carb. Everytime I contact Holley they are good with customer support.

I am just glad I noticed the leak (gusher) and didn't crank it.

Last edited by roll_the_dice; 04-07-2021 at 11:20 AM.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote