View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 05:54 AM   #996
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I bought my wife another Corgi. Our little guy passed away this year and she's been heartbroken.

So this is Coco. She's on her way from Oklahoma. My wife is already buying stuff for her.
Corgis were my favorite dog when I was a kid. We didn't know anyone with one but when I'd see one it was a big deal. The reason I liked them so much is because I played with Corgi Toys. Anyone remember those? If it had something to do with cars I loved it! I liked Matchboxes, Dinky Toys, Tootsietoys, but no one had any of those as pets.

I had a baby blue one. My favorite Corgi Toy. Years later, in the early-'80s I bought a real baby blue '63 Riviera. I had it for a while before one day I was up in the attic and came across the box I have what's left of the cars I had as a kid and there was the Riviera. It was then I began to wonder if my attraction to my real Riviera wasn't all about that favorite toy I had. Kind of a reverse realization
Name:  CORGI-TOYS-BUICK-RIVIERA18.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  44.0 KB
(I didn't take that. Sorry Eric)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote