View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

I thought that was the coolest emblem. The knuckleheads driving all these Ford pickups today wouldn't know it if they saw it. Never seen one with that sticker on the window.

Yesterday I saw the coolest thing. All through my life, through my childhood, I have spent time in the mountain town where my mother grew up. The visions of '50s-'60s Big Job and Super Duty Ford trucks are most vivid from up there. Logging and coal mostly. So many were red, and back then they way a truck got dressed up was with accent painting. Maybe some chrome touches, but a little paint went a long way. The diamonds and chevrons on bumpers were about safety as much as decorative.

Well anyway... yesterday I was up there in the opposite end of the county I've not been through much. My son was driving. I was looking down at this farm as we passed and behind a building I spotted a faded red '58 (I believe) big Ford tandem dump. Straight out of my memories. What tough trucks! We came back a different way, so didn't get a picture. I won't forget seeing that one. Now I need to go back. I'd sure like to talk to that farmer about that truck. Probably hauled coal with it back in the day.

Not many of those around. Certainly not pictures on the internet. I just tried. A '58 Tonka big Mike will have to do
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote