Thread: Why???
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 12:14 PM   #40
SCOTI

Re: Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterman99 View Post
This is one of the reasons I quit taking my truck to shows. You are sitting close by and some know it all points out everything he doesn't like about your hard work and money spent and how he would have done it differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
I couldn't agree more, and what drives me nuts is they don't do a darn thing, never have never will, but run their mouth about other people's stuff, I don't buy or build for anyone but me, not my wife, not my kids, not my friends, I know I am not perfect and my work quality barely gets me by but I do this as a hobby to take my mind off of the world for a few hours each chance I get
Seems you both could lighten up a little on the assumptions as well.

There's are thousands of different ways to build a 'nice' vehicle. If someone happens to mention 'ways it could be better' it's from their perspective which has as much value as yours (high & low). Maybe the people that say these things can actually build a better ride vs you. I suppose you guys could be pros compared to me but I know & will acknowledge there are better builders than what I've put together. You can take something from what they said & make an improvement or you can ignore it. Simple as that.

If I stopped going to shows or gatherings because of some guy walking by my dually & saying how it's ruined because of how low it is.... Well, I would have a dually missing a bunch of opportunities.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote