View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #1511
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

My project is alive and well.. I have gotten quite a bit done but I'm behind reporting progress.

Doors. I got my hinges painted and Altman latches painted. I got the doors hung and adjusted. I installed the peel and stick door seals. These are so nice. I used something similar on my 48 truck. A lot less mess then screwing with weather strip goop. The funny thing is the doors close really nice and the gap is pretty decent (for a rusty turd)

Once I hung the passenger door I did not like the faux rust transition from the cowl to the door. Remember, I rusted the pieces separately from each other. Sooo I rusted it more so it looks more believable.

I got the AC 80% installed. I took a VA kit for AD trucks and modified it. I don't like their plastic duct work to go below the dash. That is why made the lower dash panel. I'm also hiding all of the hoses under fenders so the engine bay is clean. This was some work but I like how it is turning out.

I have all of my parts back from paint. See (painted dash trim) and my small shifter cover with my leather shift boot.

Lastly.....Wheels. US Mags posted this pic on IG a week ago and I'm 99% sure these are my front wheels as they contain 2 custom finishes. These wheels are fully coated which means no polishing for this guy.

I have all my glass back and pick up the last of my seats in a week.

See Ive been doing stuff...Ha ha
Attached Images

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote