Thread: MC2203 Camshaft
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #14
custom10nut

Re: MC2203 Camshaft

SAE 30 wt Non-Detergent Oil, and use a liberal amount of red sticky break-in lube on the lobes.
As others are saying, run it for 20 minutes, with varying rpms, not going too crazy initially. Let it cool, and drain the oil. Fill it again with 30wt and run it under normal operating conditions for the first 100 miles. Drain and change the filter. Look at your drain plug and filter, because if there’s going to be a problem with shavings or debris, it would’ve happened by now. Next put 30 wt back in and run it the way you’re going to normally operate it, up to 500 miles. Drain it pull the filter and inspect again, looking for shavings and debris, and also tak3 note of the kcolor (it still should look fresh, but if it appears dark, then you could have a “Blow By” problem).
Next you can go to you regular oil and enjoy driving it, making sure you check the level every time you fuel up, and make a note of any changes in the levels.
This may sound like a little OCD, but this is what I did 20+ years ago when I rebuilt my engine, and haven’t had any issues.
Good luc
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote