View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #11
chevmn

Re: Value of restored truck

You might check with your normal insurance company you insure with on your drivers. Several years ago I spoke with them, and while they did not necessarily do antique or classic, they did a stated value policy. All they required was I get an appraisal for documentation, and I had a local body guy do that. If I recall the cost was minimal, and was simply per $1000 of value. Of course I also had normal liability coverage in addition. Would I have been able to actually got that stated value - had I been involved in an accident? I will never know, and I doubt I do that on the truck I am working on now, I will likely just place liability coverage on it considering it will likely not be driven that much so I will probably just take the risk. I am not a huge fan of insurance of any kind, but I know it is a necessary evil, especially in this day and age. I am old enough to recall the day when you could drive without insurance legally, and even if you were in an accident, it likely would not put you in the "poor house".
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote