View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #205
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

(I split up the posts so less pics have to load per page.)

The carpet was really filthy so I pulled it out and pre-soaked it with Zep purple degreaser, then pressure washed it.

With the carpet out of the way I started cleaning all of the lower interior surfaces.

The door panels were in great condition but the stock seats were trashed, so I decided to use a set of GL Sport seats and matching panels. Sport seats/panels have a red stripe insert that is unique to the Sport models. The rear panels never had inserts on any US models, so I wanted to add the Japan/Euro style inserts. I made a WTB post and had a guy respond within the same day with leftover door panel cloth. I used that to cover a pair of panels I molded from ABS sheet, then used 3M double sided tape to install them so I didn't have to drill the panels for clips or screws.

The nearly finished interior. The step plates, arm rests, and lower seat belt covers were cleaned/scuffed and shot with SM Arnold plastic and vinyl dye to restore their color. I stuck all the screws and bolts in a cardboard box and shot them with a light coat of satin black to recolor them back black again. I still need to pull out the rear panels and dye them to hide some minor scuffs that didn't clean up. The rest of the pieces were just cleaned and treated with Duragloss rubber and vinyl dressing to bring back the color and sheen. I'm super happy with the results inside, now I've got to make the outside match.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote