View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:12 PM   #605
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Your work on the door jambs is coming along nicely. I'm in the exact position you are in with mine. What door seals are you using and do you have them on while you are aligning things? I am using the Honda door seals and I am finding that there are some areas where the seal holders need some aligning. I am also going to have to do a little tweaking on the bottom patches.
Thank you sir. Honestly i have the seals but have not tried to install them as of yet. They are in my shed that is completely jammed full of all new stuff for the truck and with my luck they are located in the back... lol. I think you are smart to do what you are. My seals are re-pop ones for our trucks that as you are aware of are typically way to thick and suck to shut the door. At this point, i am just trying to get the doors to fit good and so that i can get the cab into sealer and start the primer going. BUT as i was working the last door to fit this last weekend I found that the bottom replacement panel is in too far and needs to be cut and extended out to be flush with the new door. I have the hinges moved in as far as possible and still about 1/4" away, so i have some work to do this next week to fix this.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote