View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #233
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
I have to commend you for trying, but when they said “Milk, it does a body good”, they didn’t mean it would do your body work for you!!!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist a cheesy joke...

Srsly tho, we totally know how it goes with life getting busy, lots of other things take precedent and it’s not easy to find free time. Thanks for taking the time to update tho and let us know about Lloyd, you’ll get there and we’ll look forward to progress as it comes.
Like Potter said, it is pretty cringe worthy, every time I walk past it I think to myself "I bet no one has ever seen a cab full of milk jugs!" I recently started raising goats and I had no idea how much milk they drink. The 12 kids put down 4 gallons a day for the first 2 months, now I've started the weaning process so we're down to 2 gallons a day, and this will continue for another month.

I wasn't looking for another hobby, Lord knows I have too many already. The goats are here to reduce my property tax bill. I'll be applying for an agricultural tax exemption. I estimate it'll save us 5k/yr.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote