View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 02:07 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Blazer buckets vs truck buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
The Truck “Buddy Buckets” are mounted on a frame that uses the same setup as the Bench seat, and both seats move as one.
I put Blazer buckets in my truck.
The mounting brackets are different length on the drivers seat and the passenger seat flips forward with a pivot hinge on the front and a locking latch on the rear.

I fabricated the frames under mine, and used the sliders off two old bench seats.
The outside bracket on each seat is mounted in the factory holes, and I drill holes for the insides with an extra reinforcement plate for safety.

The only tricky problem I had was the adjustment lever on the passenger side is on the left side next to the console.
I solved that issue by cutting the lever shorter and fanned a bracket and over mounted to the front leg.
It works pretty good
Not talking about buddy buckets, I know those are their own thing. Ive had several sets over the years.

But I do want to see if I understand you about the drivers seat sliders (not buddy seat). The seat itself is exactly the same for both, but you are saying the length of the actual sliders is different on a truck than a blazer. Ive never heard that before. I wonder if there is a thread somewhere that compares these?