View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
rgunlock

Angie - 71 GMC C25

I got this truck in July 2019 and have already been working on her. We've named here Angie because... well it is hard to come up with a name for an orange truck. My wife and I like to give our vehicles female names so orANGe became Angie.

I don't know the history on this truck, but its pretty apparent that she had a previous restoration. Maybe 12-15 years ago if I had to guess. I can see rust repairs and things are a little too clean for a 71. Most of what this build is about is reverting PO "upgrades", and finishing where shortcuts were taken.

My intention is a nice, reliable driver. A mulch getter for my wife, and a trailer hauler for me. No plan to ever put her in a show. I only tend to work on her a few hours on the weekends so this isn't going to be an overnight rebuild, but I've already made some decent progress. Here are some pics of when I got her. The SPID was on the glovebox door. The VIN matches the title but the sticker is in too good of shape so I don't know that I believe much of the rest of it. Very little of the truck currently matches the SPID.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote