View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 05:29 PM   #605
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Glad it’s starting to work out I tried to get my computers working for two years before I gave up and put it in a shop that knew what they were doing

Got a pic of the dual quads I love fancy induction stuff

Been following your builds since CRLS I never posted up before but I do follow your great builds and great write ups

Wish you luck as you progress thru your problems
Thanks, Jim! Here's a preview of the dual quad setup. On the linkage side, I had to make the longer rod because the FST carbs on the Holley intake have a different spacing between the throttle levers than the Edelbrock setup. On the choke side, I had to relocate one of the legs for the TPS bracket due to the difference between the FST choke bolt pattern and a Holley. The rear view shows the Camozzi fitting that the 1/4" plastic line goes into. It feeds manifold pressure/vacuum to the MSD ignition box so it can retard/advance the timing under operating conditions. I'm not sure why MSD chose to use a mechanical source for MAP. Seems like a sender that screws into the manifold somewhere and has a few wires would be better, but what the heck do I know?
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote