View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 09:14 PM   #12
Bkndsdl

Re: Bkndsdl's '67 short step - Jake

Slowly but surely getting the motor ready to go in. Had a brain fart Tuesday putting the pressure plate on.......had to put something in the flywheel so I could torque the flywheel bolts; quickest thing I could find was a long screw. Got the bolts torqued down, and went ahead and put the clutch and pressure plate on. Of course, I put the screw in from the wrong direction.............and got the pleasure of removing the pressure plate after torquing it down of course.

After I got that done and put the bell housing on I called it a day.

Next day was a big day. I was able to get the remnants of the exhaust back together and welded up. Basically, I wanted to weld it back together, then cut it where and how I want it. Right now the plan is to go with dual exhaust, but it's still up in the air at the moment. Went together relatively easily. There were two full cuts for each exhaust, then one incomplete cut where they only could go so far and started over.

Here's where I tacked it up back where it was.

Then I removed the exhaust from the engine and welded it up on the table.

After that, I did some clad weld repair to the clutch linkage. I think it's seen its share of clutch engagement.......

Other side was almost as bad:

I cladded the rod back up, and I'll grind it back into shape later.

Next up - Got the engine in the engine bay!

Big accomplishment for this fella!

I got the mount bolts only started; I need the rear of the block in a slight down position for installing the trans, so just put the bolts into the mounts and not tightened.

Boys helped me put the hood back on, rain was in the forecast.

Called it a day after that.........after a full 10 hours at work, I'm beat at the end of the day. Almost done though.
Dirty Dan - '80 Short Fleet
Bkndsdl is offline   Reply With Quote