View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #212
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

I am back to one pump in the morning and starts right up in proper fast idle. I am soooo frustrated.

I can't believe the the response I got from Quadrajet Power. You'd think they would want to know what the F**k went wrong, if they are soooo good and experience. With other projects, when a repair has gone wrong I guess I have been lucky with people that actually care what they do. Case in point, I been working a 1948 Wurlitzer. After having the mech rebuilt and brought home it fell flat on it face within a hour or so. The repairman drove out on a Sunday, pulled the mech out and redid the job, replacing even more hard to find parts. Delivered it backed, installed it and insured it worked and I was happy. Zero charge to the travel, re-work, or parts. His opinion, it was his fault and I shouldn't have been allowed to take it home from his shop.

Then we have Quadrajet that can hardly return a email, won't offer any real advise, or even allow for a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrajet Power
I have only built a few thousand Quadrajets. How many has he seen? I’m really sorry you can’t tune it or find someone that can. We have tried our best to help.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote