View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #618
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Today hasn't been my day. The fuel regulator won't go low enough to use with the existing setup, so I removed it to prepare for a replacement. I'm not sure if the in-tank pump will work either, although I'm hoping it will. The issue seems to be the return line size. If it's too restrictive, the regulator may limited as to how low you can adjust the pressure. The carbs call for 6.5psi. The pump is internally limited to somewhere close to 100 psi so the regulator has to do all the work. Edelbrock has one that will handle high flow pumps but makes no mention of the max pressure value. If the regulator won't play nice with the rest of the system, I'll have to change the pump and perhaps the lines as well.

I spent about 15 minutes on hold with Aeromotive in Lenexa this morning before giving up and leaving my number for a call back. Haven't heard from them all day. I'd like to get their opinion, but a new regulator will be required no matter what.

The wiring is almost finished. I've got the stereo / NAV enclosure back in place and all the new wiring for the bump (paddle) shifter feature in place. Also added a rocker switch in the console to toggle between street and performance calibrations for the trans.

As I was moping around the shop right before supper, Kathy let me know the next door neighbor was preparing to build a fence between our houses that would come right up to the end of our back driveway. I negotiated an extra 1.5 feet of room by offering to pay more than my share of that section. (In KCMO you have to pay half even if you don't want the fence.) Not what I needed right now.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote