View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #95
sambrutay

Re: Made my hotel reservations for the Southeast C10 Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
That's my 71 K1500. I had never been to this show and I was very impressed. Over 1300 trucks at the show, Saturday was neat, wall to wall trucks. Decent vendor participation. Got to meet and talk to a handful of forum members, that was fun. Even the weather (except the humidity) cooperated. The rain stayed away until my drive home to Indiana, drove in rain 3/4 way home, some fairly heavy. Only complaints, stayed at Ramada and room was way overpriced. Waited in line for an hour Friday to get in and register, this was after 9:00 AM, this process should have started by 8:00 AM and there would have been no wait. There was an hour plus line to have truck judged. I almost didn't have it judged, I figured who gets excited about a stock height K1500. Guess I was wrong, judges liked it, it won the 4X4 category. I had never saw that many Chevy/GMC trucks in one place before and it was impressive. It was a fun trip except for the drive home. I'll post some pictures after I look thru them and see what I got.
The show was not scheduled to open until 11 am. So he let trucks in early. I had planned my trip to be there when they opened at 11 as Bryan had said what time he was opening the gates. was quite surprised when I arrived only to be late to enter the show.

1964 C10 SWB #Junk
1979 C10 utility #cargopants (sold)
1971 GMC Sprint (sold)
1974 GMC Grande Sierra (sold)
sambrutay is offline   Reply With Quote