View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #189
59chev

Re: 59 Apache - Lifelong obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Great project! To me, it's always cool when a certain vehicle just resonates with somebody. Even if their parents don't initially agree, haha. Great work on grabbing the truck that inspired your imagination and making it into a cool driver. And now you get to do round two with innumerable refinements. I confess that I am a fan of stock type stuff but I would imagine that the original running gear made it drive more or less like a troop transport. It will be cool to hear how the truck drives after all of these changes. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Thanks LT7A! It will be really interesting to see how the personality of the truck has changed. I drove it quite a bit the first time I got it on the road. Longest drive was a 450 mile round trip for the 100th anniversary of the town I grew up in. They had a parade with a vehicle representing each year as possible and I represented 1959. Top speed was 50 or so MPH and the 6 cylinder was singing at 3000 RPM with the stock 3 speed and stock rear end.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622133"]59 Apache - Lifelong obsession

Last edited by 59chev; 07-22-2021 at 12:19 PM.
59chev is offline   Reply With Quote