Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Great news its finally coming together Vic..!!...its a true winner in my book
Thanks, Greg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Congratulations Vic! I second what Greg said!
Thanks, Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
So glad you made the show, Vic! Where do you keep all that hardware? Awesome ��
Kathy makes me keep all the dust catchers in the basement, John.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice! Congratulations
Thanks, Dale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
That must have been a nice 55 sedan delivery if it won over your Wagon. Your 57 is an absolute beauty.
It was pretty nice, Russell, but I've found over the years that car shows can be pretty subjective. The 55 SD had a custom paint job on it so that may have influenced the judges. Regardless, we had a great outing and caught up with some folks we hadn't seen in quite a while. It's the people you meet (both in person and on the forums) that make this hobby so much fun.

I'm working on the fuel issue. Took the carbs off yesterday and reset the float levels and jetting as they came from FST. I also went to the auto parts store and picked up an in-tank fuel pump that was used with the old TBI setups. It's rated at 35 GPH and 17 psi which is a long way from the pump that's in there which is 90 GPH and 90 psi. The new one is capable of supporting up to 420 HP which is less than the engine will produce, but it should be fine for short WOT blasts. The main thing it should do is stabilize the fuel pressure under light throttle. With the EFI pump, the regulator was having to bypass so much fuel, the return wasn't keeping up and the pressure would creep up to the point it would overwhelm the ability of the float to close the needle and seat. As a crutch, HRE set the float levels very low which messed with the fuel metering. I'm hoping this will be the fix as I really don't want to go to an external pump and regulator designed for carbs.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote