View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 12:26 AM   #19
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home//update,it's finally home

a few more pictures of this truck as i'm trying to get it up and running. lots of goofy little things wrong but that's to be expected after 25 years of storage.i guess over it's years travelling from California to Idaho,it must've stayed in dry,dusty conditions cause i'm finding dust,sand and small rocks in everywhere.it's better that it was in storage there for 25 years and not here as anywhere you go,you're not far from salt water.here i'd be sweeping up the truck,not just dirt.dirt's a better deal.i found initials in the firewall,marked when the paint was still wet,power beam headlights that i believe are the originals.i just changed all the brakes and there were all Delco,maybe original.there are still "spiral" shocks on the rear.i changed the original AC fuel pump out for a new one even though it ran,25 years sitting isn't good for anything.new brake cylinders and brake hose on the rear,tried to change the front hoses but can't seem to find the correct hoses?the A/C still works but a noisy bearing in the compressor needs to be replaced.i tried to get the carpet in today but ran out of day as we were taking it to a little car get-together this evening so i put the seat back in and got to take it about 200 miles on it's maiden voyage to Masstown,Nova Scotia where i discovered the gas gauge doesn't work?i guess it's good i didn't get the carpet in,as the seat will have to come back out and i can work on the sender or ground,whatever the problem is but it drives like a new one.i'm super impressed although i still need a carb for it but i have this one running pretty well.a great day.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote