View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #7
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Gathering parts for front disc brakes for 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
lambert,
lolife is THE answer man on swapping out front end components, to convert to disc. I have a lot of knowledge, but lolife has it ALL!!! It CAN get confusing, there's many ways to make this happen.

I plan to convert my 67 and 68, both using all 71-72 parts, the simplest way to do it. At can be done, the center link is the only that needs to be bought used. (I think?, lolife?)

I like the 72 and earlier control arms best, they are greaseable, 73-up and not. BUT the 73 up tie rod ends are larger in size and heavier duty. I have parts to convert mine using 73 up tie rod ends and 72 and earlier control arms, but have decided to go ALL 71-72, for simplicity sake...

I buy ONLY Moog parts when buying new components.
Thanks for the kind words but I don’t know everything. I’ve just done a few of these swaps.
The centerlink is a non wear item and I don’t believe anyone reproduces them,... so you will have to source a used one.

I agree the 73-87 tie rods are bigger.
My very first swap I used ALL 71-72 steering parts WITH 73-87 outer tie rods and 73-87 drop spindles.
This was back in the 1980’s before anyone made drop spindles for the the pre-73 trucks.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote