View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #24
jmarkha1

Re: 1965 C10 Fleet Project - unfinished business

Spent some time on the cab - made a dolly with big (gravel friendly) tyres so I can push the old thing around the drive to work on it more easily.

A few lengths of 3x3 and 2x2 - probably overkill but made it in 2 parts with a timber strut holding it true - it can be dissembled and stored somewhere afterwards or extended into a bed dolly - just thought of that :-)

The firewall had a lot of holes - some made with a gas spanner that had to go.

I am running a small aftermarket heater and blower that will be mounted in the cab so I removed all the heater setup and the holes were filled.

Before the cab goes for media blast I had to remove the tar-board insulation under the dash - horrible stuff to remove.

Also ground down some of the welds on the inside too so I don't have to do too much grinding once its in epoxy.

Fuel tank mount removal? - whats the consensus - trim and leave alone or remove them? - I have a bed mounted tank and would like to have the cab simple looking as possible and possibly a little more room for the seat. Was thinking remove the spot welds and add a couple of strengthening plates for he bed mounts to hang on to?
Attached Images

jmarkha1 is offline   Reply With Quote