View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 08:47 AM   #222
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

Well, my carb is re-boxed up and ready to go to Cliff. I really love his communication skills, so responsive!

His last bit of information on my pistons, which is a REAL bummer. It's not like I am going to be opening up my engine to correct this.

Quote:
NEVER put dished pistons in a SBC rebuild. The 76cc heads are already reducing the compression ratio to 8 to 1 with them and that’s if you use a .020” thick OEM type head gasket. Adding a “builder” gasket just drops the compression into the 7 to 1 range and they don’t run for chit anyplace, low on torque and inefficient at low RPM’s.

Sadly very few folks know this, not even skilled machinists and engine builders. The quench distance on an SBC engine needs to be at or close to .035” for best efficiency and power. It will also use less fuel, and take less timing to make best power. Another side benefit is running much cooler, and requiring less octane........

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote