View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 04:31 AM   #21
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Here’s a Look Into the Art of truck Stalking

I have a story about a 1987 C10 Shorty I first spotted in 2004/2005. I have bought and sold probably a 100 or so vehicles in my life but this is the only "stalking adventure " that comes to mind. Wait, I just remembered I bought my 1970 Panther Pink Dodge Charger in 1985 by knocking on the door after I saw it sitting for a month or so. Okay the tuck story. There is an Old Folks Home near my place and about 2004 /2005 I noticed a charcoal gray 1987 shorty c10 sitting in the same place on the property all the time. After a few months I stopped to look at it one day and it was pretty clean. It was a loaded Silverado even had the dual factory gas tanks with factory rallys and missing a couple trim rings. I left a note under the wiper with my number and never got a call. A few months later left another note under the wiper and this time when I was at work he called my house and told my wife he wasn't interested in selling the truck and not to leave any more notes on the truck. Okay a year later , 2006, its still there, I should mention it was been used and driven by the owner not just sitting all that time, so I said what the hell I left another note under the wiper. About 6 weeks later I came home from work and the wife said you know the truck you been leaving the notes on, well today you got the call and he will sell it. it had 245,000 kms ( 147,000 miles ) on it and he had bought it new. On the test drive it was running very rough and he admitted that's why he was selling it. Anyway bought it for 1200.00. Started to drive it and it rode like a tank as there were 6 leaves on each rear spring. So added 1500.00 to what I had in it and sold it very quickly. To this day I still cant see what all the hoopla is on the swb trucks of any genre.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote