Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #1127
DarkKnightWong

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Hi Sir

What filter mesh kit did you use for your cowl panel ?

Thanks
Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Update - Skins

Well, I am going to just dump a bunch of pics on you. I didn't get much accomplished this weekend due to spending all day Sunday trying to figure out how to add relays to my 3rd party remote door lock kit. End result, I am scrapping the LMC kit. It's not for our trucks. Plus I need remote start and an alarm

So what I did get accomplished is my first look with all the skins installed! Everything is loose keep in mind and I just laid the cowl piece and hood on. But to my surprise, with 3/16 spacers behind my door hinges, it appears the hood is going to fit just fine! There were a few fitment issues I didn't like, the inner fenders to outer fenders hole alignments really suck. The passenger side outer fender, you can see in my pics, I don't even have a bolt in the bottom because it didn't line up enough to get a bolt in there. This might be due to my replacement piece I grafted in a year or more ago. The lower pillar piece and rocker that has the fender hole in it. I will have to stretch/cut that hole to make it open up more to accept the bolt for the fender. It's just too far back towards the rear of truck, it needs to slide forward to the front of truck. But of course it aint movin.... Gonna have to get creative with it...

Also, pay attention to how far my front wheels stick out compared to the rear. I went with the deluxe lowering kit from Brothers Trucks if anyone remembers way back in my thread. Looks like the new spindles first of all fix the angle so the wheel is centered in my wheel well? I thought the stockers was an A-arm issue where the wheel was set back in the well? Maybe spindles can fix that, didn't know about this issue when I bought the kit but looks good to me. But downside is the wheel sticks out way too far.

The PO put 275x60R15 tires on 10" rims all the way around so this is one of the problems. The fronts need to be 8" rims and a smaller width tire to fit right. But I think modular spindles from CPP might give me another 1.5" pull into the wheel well if I am not mistaken. Might go that route down the road. But for now, I took it for another stroll around the neighborhood and they didn't rub.

I stuck the new mesh kit under my cowl piece and its sticking up a little too far so the cowl wouldn't sit all the way down, but I really like the mesh under there. It's a good piece from what I can tell.

That block of metal is my 3/16 spacers I made for the top door hinges. The bottom hinges are only like 1/16" or 1/8" spacers(washers for right now actually) but the door fits so much better with these. And now that I see the hood looks like its close, I will probably roll like this unless I end up with problems down the road. I guess the factory had these doors so badly off that much spacer is required on my truck. It brings the front door away from the seal enough that it doesn't crush it ALL THE WAY TO THE SEAM. It was that bad. The door wouldn't even shut hardly. With the adjustments on the door(door side adjustments all the way out, meaning door away from cab) it was bad. With the spacers behind the hinge, door shuts pretty dang good now, seal isn't crushed so bad, and the alignment of the door looks soooo much better on the inside and outside.

It's been 2 years since these panels were bolted on the truck. Motivation....

Door stuff:

Skins stuff:

Wheel stuff:

Rear Wheel

Front Wheel

DarkKnightWong is offline   Reply With Quote