Thread: 55.2-59 1958 Saab story
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #35
gottattooz

Re: 1958 Saab story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
you are nuckin futz and i'm highly entertained by it!
I think we're all a little crazy. I've been following your tow rat build. Very impressive.

I think more than anything, mine is a mix of curiosity, boredom and "f@#k it, let's see if this works". I love turning wrenches. I love being different. I hate car shows because it's mostly douche bags bragging about bolt ons and how much money they spent. I drove my 1965 Buick skylark wagon to a car shows and almost everyone scoffed at it because it wasn't shiny. It's flat black and bare bones, but I swapped the drivetrain, steering column, dash cluster and entire wiring harness from a 1999 Silverado into it. It actually drew a crowd because curious budget minded young guys were asking "what did I do here to make that fit ?"and "what did I have the most issues with?". I can talk to those people all day long. But the parking lot that smells like Maguire's detail spray and microfiber cloth towels because it's been 10 minutes since they've wiped off their garage trophy doesn't interest me in the least.

That's what I love about this forum. I see other people's idea and I see if those can influence something I'm trying to do.

-Josh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote