Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #1130
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Found the service guide online from vintage air, it's different than all the documentation you get when you purchase the kit from them. Go figure. I was determined to do this myself rather keep paying someone.

The type of oil my sanden 709 says in the service guide is SP-15. When you look this up, it's not PAG 100 equivilant, it's 80 centistokes. PAG 100 is 95 centistokes. Had to look all this up. And if you don't search good enough, NAPA tells you SP-15 is same as PAG 100. Anyways, service guide says it's important, so I bought the SP-15, NAPA just had to ship it from another store across town. Also picked up some refrigerant.

There is a special way to calculate the amount of oil you have left in your system based on a formula in the service guide. You take that and add fresh oil to to the compressor to make sure you have the right amount. I ended up needing 5.5 oz

My old pump took a dump, so i ran to AZ and rented one. pulled vacuum for little over 45 min while I worked on other stuff. Then I purged all my manifold gauge lines(all of them not just middle feed line ) and got to filling the system. I broke out my wifes digital scale and measured the cans to make sure I put the right amount in the system.

Made it to this point and stopped. It was around 98 degrees that day. I also ended up wasting a whole can of refrigerant but still got it down to the 50's at the vent. So I will drive it for a few days and see if it needs more, pretty sure it will based on my measurements.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote