View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
'69 C10

Phenolic Spacer for 1 bbl Rochester carbs

Just wanted to let forum members know that I just had great customer service getting a 1/2" phenolic spacer for the 1 bbl carb on my stock 250 inline 6 custom made.

It was from Dashman's Hotrod and Speed Parts on ebay and only cost me $24 shipped.

Name:  phenolic spacer.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  18.6 KB

I've been having a bit of the dreaded hard start when hot syndrome and went looking for the right spacer. Had a hard time finding one specific to my M-MV Rochester carb, so I contacted Dashman's after seeing some of their work on ebay. They hadn't made one specific to my application yet, but someone there by the name of Ben personally responded to my msg and worked with me to get the exact measurements needed to fabricate it.

It arrived yesterday afternoon, and I had it installed in about an hour. Took it for a drive before turning in and had the pleasant surprise of noticeable increase in performance as well. Haven't had a chance to test the heat insulating effect on the carb, but have no reason to believe it won't do what it's supposed to.

I have no affiliation with Dashman's what so ever, but just wanted to give them a shout-out and let other members who might be looking for the same piece. They are also willing to work with you to create other custom applications.

The listing for the one I just purchased currently falls under the title:

For Rochester Monojet 1ME 1MV MV M GM Carburetor Insulator Phenolic Spacer 1/2"

Hope this helps someone else!
'69 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote