View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #25
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Got my 72 Rochester Quadrajet carb back from Cliff's High Performance. Straight on the the truck she started up and darn near sounded perfect! She needs a lot less idle screw than my '78 Carter Qjet, which I found interesting. I can't believe I wasted $450 dollars with Quadrajet Power and then all that time between Jan 2012 till June 2021. I highly recommend Cliff Ruggles, he is a dream to correspond with and he'll even call you up to chat if he has any questions (yes, call you on the phone).

After dropping my vacuum gauge into my radiator fan (doh!) and getting a new one, I got the idle mixture screws all dialed in. O'Riley's had one but darn thing is about -2 off zero out of the box. I used it and my timing light (its digital with RPM) to get it what I believe is correct. I should have just used the timing light / RPMs and not gotten that "new" vacuum gauge from O'Rileys.

Man, this carb rocks, not one blip anywhere on my test drives. When I nail the gas to WOT at the stop signs I get a better burn out too! Man, I wished I had a Posi 3.73 rearend, instead of my open 3.08 LOL

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote