View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #28
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking Re: Programmable HEI

Well, I ordered one after getting a email back from them, I was real impressed how quickly the responded to my web query!

Might as well post my Q/A here.
  1. any problems with the Chevy 72 Tach where the wire goes to distributor coil?
    Quote:
    Theodore@Progression: No problems with the tach. Use the same connection to the coil negative. Don't use the grey tach wire on the distributor.
  2. I believe I should be looking at the CHEVY SMALL & BIG BLOCK V8 SMALL CAP DISTRIBUTOR W/FIXED COLLAR, black, and with female wire connectors.
    Quote:
    Theodore@Progression: Yes
  3. Do I need a new coil and/or wires? Mine is the PerTronix 45011 Flame-Thrower II Coil 45,000 Volt and their PerTronix Flame-Thrower 7mm Stock Look Spark Plug Wires.
    Quote:
    Theodore@Progression: You don't need a new coil or wires.
  4. One thing I am very interested in is the timing that happens at idle and when the A/C turns on/off. I think I saw or read that your distributor increases the timing somehow to keep the idle steady? How does that work or am I misunderstanding it.
    Quote:
    Theodore@Progression: The timing table is setup such that, when at idle, if the RPM drops the timing will increase. This will not eliminate the RPM drop caused by shifting from Park into Drive or turning on the A/C but it will make it more manageable. The increased timing produces more torque to compensate for the increased load on the engine from the torque converter and the A/C compressor.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote