View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 08:21 PM   #1884
oldman3

Re: My 50 roadster pickup build

Hey guy's and gal's been awhile since I've done any posting on my pickup. To make a long story short, since Aggie's passing I've been buys with different things, but that's about the change.

My son Mark has installed several LS engines in different rides over the years (currently installing one in a 38 chevy pickup). So earlier this year I talked to him about removing my 350 engine and trans and replacing it with LS and trans. I purchased an LM7 5.3 from a 2005 GMC Yukon with 150,000 miles. Also purchased a rebuilt 2005 4L60E trans. The engine has been gone thru and in good shape. Change the oil pan, new intake, wiring harness, coils, plugs, wires, injectors, coil covers, 02 sensors, headers, new trans shifter, etc.

It's been ready since July, but I've had to wait in line for room in the shop and for Mark to help with the the change over (also wanted to go to shows and cruise-in while I waited).

I do want to say that the FI Tech unit I had worked perfect for me for 5 years, and is still on my engine. I just wanted to change things up, with a different look and better milage, etc.

Pulled the truck in the shop this evening, and will start the tear down tomorrow. Here's a couple pics to get things started...Jim
Attached Images

oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote