View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 02:47 PM   #463
SCOTI

Re: show me your 73-87 lowered/bagged c10's

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-NUT View Post
Same.

I started this venture with a brown/tan 85 crew cab in 2013. Started saving money, buy parts. Just about time I was going to take the crew off the road and start installing parts (about 2 yrs ago) we got the opportunity to get my wife's late uncles 84 burb that had just been sitting since he'd passed in 2013. So we go the burb, sold the crew and shortly after began working on the burb.

Beginning in 2012/13 is when I started following builds and info on this forum. I suppose I need to quite procrastinating and start a build thread, post up pics and issues I ran into.
I remembered the CC in some tech questions/comments (suspension related) years back. I thought maybe the switch to the Burb was 'family' driven (that's actually why I have a CC).

My x-GF had a daughter & there was always 1 or 2 more kids w/her (friends/relatives). A member here (Jonboy) had the CC. He liked my single cab swb 74 & inquired about a trade. I became the owner of a truck that would comfortably fit 6. My step-daughter & her friends loved the dually. Then her mom & I split up a year later.

It's weird driving it around w/just me in it LoL. A bit too much truck now. I've considered putting it on the market & down-sizing to a single cab again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 11-11-2021 at 06:14 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote