View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
Custom 68

Bobby (and all) I have a few ?s. First I also have installed a TPI I however am still at the chassis stage the body is not back on the frame, I have the engine running and broke in. Where did you get the compressor and the brackets? And what are they? I have a 327 short water pump with no acc holes in the heads. I have the original 68 style HUGE bracket that mounts over the valve cover to the intake and exhaust manifold as well as the water pump. I would like to do away with that and get things more aligned. I also have PS and of course Alt. My thoughts were like you did since mine is original air truck but use new compressor but use the remaining items I too will need to replace the POA and probably hoses. Is this a good route? Sounds like it is working for you. I have all the original AC on the truck but I think the new compressors are more efficient?
This AC stuff is foreign to me, I am not sure what needs (or should) be replaced? Any inputs I didnt want to spend the 700-800 for a new entire system?
Thanks
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"