View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #209
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue GMC View Post
28 mile range is great for bench testing but we both know you wont be hyper-mile style driving this truck. Can you run two leaf packs in tandem or a larger option that is not a $$$ for the final version. This is where I get hung up as I am trying to figure out a source for larger range.
I totally hear you and stick around as I am lagging behind on the battery research, I am knee deep in motor testing and wiring harnesses at the moment.

and I know I will sound like a broken record but as an EV driver you have to retrain the way you think, for example my work is 11 miles from home, so I get in my fully charged truck with a range of 28 miles and I drive to work, I get there I have 17 miles left of range, I plug in and sit at my desk for 9 hours, when it's time to go home or run some errands once again I am fully charged and have 28 miles of range, (so technically I can drive 39 miles that day) see how that works, it's really tough to adjust your thinking at first, but that's just how it works
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote