View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #59
A1971Blazer

Re: '67 stepside project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain X View Post
Can you actually get one from somewhere? I'm wondering because I'm actually looking at replacing the cab on mine, which has a caved in rear corner and a lovely hole that was drilled through the roof from the inside, pulling up material from around it. I'd be tempted to get the parts available from LMC to basically replace the entire roof and back of the cab, and a headliner, but I have no idea on how to tackle that, and my welding skills are basically non-existent. I've been looking around for a good cab, but basically all of them are going to need cab corners and rockers at the very least. Plus like 90% of them have a hole through the roof for an antenna. So, hey, if I could get a small back window repro cab, that would be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggers72-GMC View Post
Captain, I bought a complete cab out of AZ, (delivered all the way up here) the condition was amazing, only 2 very small patches on the floor, shop around man

maybe A1971Blazer is talking about a complete repop cab from LMC or .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain X View Post
I've been thinking of going to the desert, but I have no idea where to even look.
I called LMC they have a manufacturer that builds new cabs…all new metal with doors fitted and gapped…12 large plus freight
they had one in stock…I came close to ordering it…but I’m pretty deep in mine.

I’m not a body man by trade…but I can do welding and fab and have all the tools....
I just bought a spot welder and some copper rod for some extensions…a lot of my repairs will be 3M panel bonded and spot welded in place.

I also have a good body man/finisher/painter….took the bed to him today…he’s ready to get going…

I’m replacing the dash, the inner and outer roof skins, front header panel, both upper outer roof panels , drip rails, complete rear panel, inner and outer rockers both sides, lower A pillar both sides, and a few more pieces, this cab will be good for 50 more years…
stay tuned it’s about to get real....
upper windshield donor cuts….
Name:  0E90DC33-23C2-461F-99BE-2AA8264B73D6.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  41.4 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 11-14-2021 at 11:29 AM.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote