View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
88Stanger

PSI Harness to Holley Terminator Max

So I just wanted to tell my experience with my PSI wiring harness VS Holley Terminator Max setup.
I started with a base 2000 4.8 Iron Block. I bought the 5.3 crank and rods to convert over to 5.3. Then I had the block bored, honed, cleaned and such. Did a complete rebuild of the entire engine, new pistons, rings, "Hot Cam" and lifters, stock heads with cleanup and so on. Then topped it off with a 92mm throttle body, 36lb accel injectors, Holley Single plane split intake with a 90 degree throttle body elbow and set of headers. I then bought a complete wiring harness from PSI with one of their stock rebuild ECU computer and mount.
Got all this installed and wired up with a 4L60E tranny also, then my tuner converted the stock MAF system to a Speed Density system. Fired right up, ran good, dynoed with 352hp at the rear tire. I was happy with that, but it just did not react right when you stomp on the throttle and would not shirt right when you manually shifted it. The tuner tried to fix the issues, loaded various maps and setups and still had some issues.
After all this and just me being frustrated because i do not have the software to look at the motor info, i found out about the Holley Terminator Max system, looked into it and bought the kit that matched my setup.
I have since removed the entire PSI wiring system and brain (which is up for sale) and started the install of the Holley system. I am about 80% complete with the transition and honestly am excited to see what it does when it is complete. Just being able to see what is going on with the motor is exciting to me and then being able to change that is I want is intriguing to me too. So in the next week or so i should have more info on this conversion for those interested.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote