View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:56 PM   #224
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Kinda jumping back and forth between this past summer and now because im really bad about doing updates. The plan for a long time had been to mount the hydroboost and master cylinder under the floor on part of the chassis brace that I previously welded in. After getting the plate welded to the chassis and the booster mounted The next step was the push rod and as expected it did not line up directly with the pedal. It was possible to go straight from the pedal to the booster but it would be severely sideloading the booster where the pushrod goes in and I think long-term it would not be good for it. So the not so quick solution was to build basically an idler that pivots halfway between the pedal in the master cylinder. That way the pushrod from the brake pedal is lined up at 90 degrees and the pushrod from The idler to the booster is going in a 90°. The other added benefit is the side coming from the pedal I have a couple different holes I can mount it into either increase or decrease brake pressure. I spent an afternoon making use of the equipment at my job and got all my individual pieces made on either the mill or the lathe and then tig welded it all together. My TIG welds might not be Instagram quality but they're more than structural I don't look horrible anyway. It worked out really well that that the front bar for the chassis brace lined up and made a good mount for the idler.
The rest of the brake system consist of GM full size calipers on the 92 Impala spindles up front, and then out back it has GM metric parking brake calipers that you can get from speedway. As it sits right now there is no proportioning valve. There's just a distribution block that I don't know where I picked it up at but it fits really well with where everything fits. Brake bias was handled by a different size calipers front and rear. The big full-size GM calpers up front and 11 7/8" rotors and outback the smaller metric calipers on the 11 1/2" Rotors.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote