Thread: No start???
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 07:26 AM   #12
biketopia

Re: No start???

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3pilot View Post
I have checked the cats and I, pretty sure that their shot. I don’t have a scan tool (yet) that will read the real time O2 info. Could a malfunctioning O2 sensor operate without throwing a check engine light. Went with 317s no mods, cam, or tune. Probably not a bad idea to check the rockers and pushrods. I was think 15+ mpg should be doable…right???
With a non HD, yes 15 should be obtainable. I'll ask my brother what he gets, he has an 01 2500 non HD, his is also 2wd and has 230k on it. Usually they will tell on them selves, but I've had cases, it's typically Fords though, that will have issues and not throw a code. Is your check engine light working? Have you tried scanning for codes anyways? After you check the rockers, I'd take it for a drive and get it up to temp then let it idle while you crawl under and see if you can shoot the entrance and exit of the cats with your temp gun. Remember the rear o2 is only to tell the ECM if the cat is working, the fronts are what control AFR. When you did the heads did they get the broken bolts all of them always have out, and what manifold gaskets did you use? And you're sure you don't have any exhaust leaks, that can introduce false air and cause it to go rich.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote