Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 01:09 AM   #885
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

The annual tradition continues!

Also, update on the float. I don't know if it's reading accurately yet. When I filled up, I'm not sure that I got a full tank. I'm also not sure that I put the float back on the arm in the right spot. If I put it back on the wrong way, I'm wondering if it could be hitting the side of the tank and not going all the way to full when the tank is full.

One other thing: I found out in a different thread that I was using tapered seat spark plugs in non tapered seat heads. Whoops.
I robbed the plugs out of the old engine, then found a second set I had kept. I forgot I had changed the plugs twice on the old engine. Anyways, I also spent a little more time messing with the idle mixture screws and a vacuum gauge while I was back home. Seems to be running good still and doesn't smell like raw fuel as much at idle now. I checked one of the plugs today and it did look better than before, but I'm really considering getting an AFR gauge to better tune the carb in all driving conditions. Sure, it would be nice to have an EFI system, but the carb hasn't treated me wrong yet, so I feel inclined to keep it around for awhile longer
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote