View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 02:32 AM   #244
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

The restrictor itself is the easy part. The fitting on the intake not so much. From the top side it seems simple enough, I picked a spot in front of the distributor, drilled and tapped it for quarter inch pipe thread and I've got an elbow fitting with a hose barb on it. That would work, but there's a lot better chance of it picking up extra oil that gets slung around the lifter valley. What I did for that was well the baffle on the bottom side of the intake. Being aluminum helped versus cast. The piece that I welded in is fit really tight all the way around except for the back edge there's a quarter inch Gap along the top and then behind that there's another piece that goes from the top down and overlaps around so there is no direct path at where anything can spray up to the fitting. My TIG welds as I've said are not Instagram quality, and cast aluminum especially one that has been run on an engine for extended time is not always well to cleanest but at least I know they're solid and ain't going to come off. I also took a small belt sander to the Edelbrock logo just behind the thermostat housing. Very carefully ground off the letters and then took it upstairs and put it in the more aggressive of our two sandblasting cabinets and hit that area really really hard just to put a little texture back in it. After it's painted if you know where to look and you get the light just right you can see the difference in texture but at a regular glance you don't see that area was modified. Just another thing to try and camouflage the upgrades.

The intake was upside down when I photographed it. I have no idea why the picture of the hose is upside down.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 12-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote