Thread: My neglected 72
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 04:03 AM   #23
Richard

Re: My neglected 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgys72 View Post
Had to do a little bit of rework as I moved the axle too far forward and was getting the track bar and coil bound up together. Now that those clear I’ve started cutting the shock hoops. Axle to frame and shock height are set at ride height. I’m going to have to run brake lines and power steering lines a little different. Shock is going to be very close to master cylinder to get the 3 degrees needed for shock placement.
A good air hammer makes all the difference in the world. The shock pic reminds me of the one in my thread, lol. Not trying to tell what to do on your build. Are you planning to trim fenders? From what I have found in my build I am thinking that running 40's at your highest travel position will require quite a bit of fender trim. A lot more than I did. Might want to throw a fender on and at least measure before finalizing bumps and shock hoops. Am setting my hoops up to pretty much bottom out shocks at full bump with tires not hitting, axle flat or articulated. I see no reason to leave shock travel unavailable.

Last edited by Richard; 12-12-2021 at 04:11 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote